The Elective subjects Master I and Master II subject aquaint students with another field of research and to corroborate interdisciplinary knowledge.
The Elective Subjects Master I and Master II cover advanced courses with 16 credit points in total. In general, the courses are from topics in Natural Sciences. Lectures with exercises and/or courses with a different structure (e.g. seminars or practical courses) are creditable.
It is possible to choose courses from the lists below (mostly courses outside of physics) or from the list of Secondary Areas of Specialization, including the modules offered by the University of Bonn. The courses have to be different from Primary Area of Specialization and Secondary Area of Specialization.
List of Courses
- Adv. Statistical Physics or Adv Quantum Mechanics if not credited elsewhere
- Geometry in Physics
- Advanced Electronics and Signal Processing (Bonn)
- Organic Chemistry with Practical Course
- Physical Chemistry with Practical Course
- Nuclear Chemistry with Practical Course
- Algebra II
- Algebraische Geometrie II
- Differentialgeometrie II
- Algebraische Topologie
- Funktionentheorie II
- Numerische Mathematik II, III
- Partielle Differentialgleichungen
- Numerische Lösung partieller Differentialgleichungen
- Dynamische Systeme
- Stochastik I, II
- Mathematische Statistik I, II
- Stochastische Prozesse
- Stochastische Finanzmathematik
- Numerische Finanzmathematik
- Geophysics of the Solar System
- Space Physics
- Atmospheric Dynamics and Modeling
- Physics of the Atmosphere
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Molekulare Grundlagen der Zellbiologie und Biochemie
A consultation regarding the needed previous knowledge is recommended. Please note that the number of participants might be limited in specific courses offered by other departments.
Courses not listed here can be approved by the examining board.
For further information please see the module handbook.