Current Plans for Teaching in the Winter Semester 2020/2021
Teaching with respect to the Corona situation (update 26.11.2020)
As last term, the Department of Physics is again doing everything in its power allow for successful studies in the winter semester. We kindly ask for your understanding that the boundary conditions for teaching may change on short notice depending on the development of the pandemic. Up-to-date information from the university can be found here https://portal.uni-koeln.de/en/coronavirus.
Important: please make sure that you regularly receive and read the emails sent to your smail account. Otherwise, important information concerning your studies might get lost.
The University of Cologne will actively support the measures enacted by the Federal and Länder Governments to contain the exponentiell spreading of the Corona Virus. Thus,
- teaching shall be solely online whenever possible. Exams and lab courses which require physical presence are exempted.
- working in research and administration should be maintained. Wherever possible this should be done by working from home. Spare time activities like university sports offers etc. are not possible.
- lending books from libraries shall remain possible. Until further notice, using student workplaces in the university is not an option anymore.
We expect that these measures will be prolonged until at least December 31, 2020.
What does that mean for the actual teaching?
- Lectures: all lectures will be given in a digital format. there will be synchronous (e.g. live lecture via zoom) as well as asynchronous (e.g. video download in ILIAS) offers.
- Exercises: all excercise groups will be offered via zoom.
- Lab courses: updated information for the lab courses can be found at the pages of Praktikum A, Praktikum B and Advanced Practical Courses M.
During lectures times, we will also try to arrange room offers for students to work in one of the Physics buildings. However, this will also depend on the actual development of the situation. As of now, this is not possible! To foster contacts, find learning groups or exchange your experiences we cordially invite you already now to make use of the virtual foyer created by the student representatives (Fachschaft): www.physik.uni-koeln.de/online-foyer