Physics is one of the most fascinating subjects in science.
The Department of Physics Cologne deals with the whole spread of topics between micro- and macrocosm, from the fundamental structure of matter at nuclear and astrophysics up to the characteristics of black holes and the dynamic of galaxies. In between, in mesocosm, the fascinating world of crystals and crystal surfaces together with their important technical phenomena can be studied by solid state physics. This variety reflects in both research and lectures of Cologne Physics.
- information about studying physics at the University of Cologne,
- all lectures and colloquia offered by the department
- topics from current Research carried out at our Institutes,
- structure and contact persons in the department of physics,
- as well as information for interntional students at the International Office.
If you want to get an overview over our extensive website, please feel free to take a look at the sitemap: